Mobilise Technology Ltd (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- Mobilise Hotspots v2.0 mobile application software available through the Apple App Store (“Apple App Site”) and Mobilise Hotspots v1.0.8 available through the Google Play App Store (“Google App Site”, and together with the Apple App Site the “App Sites”) (together the “Apps”) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Services Sites and/or downloading the App you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Mobilise Technology Ltd of Office 103, 63 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8AA.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: This is information you give us about you by filling in forms within the App or on the Services Sites, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you may provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of the Services Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information and financial and credit card information (“Submitted Information”).
- Information we collect about you and your device: Each time you visit one of the Services Sites or use one of our Apps we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device, and/or the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your Device to the internet), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, information about your visit to any of the Services Sites (including clickstream to, through and from the Services Sites (including date and time)), Services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs, and methods used to browse away from the page) (“Device Information”);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information and login information (“Content Information”);
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of the Services Sites including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (“Log Information”),
(with the Device Information, Content Information and Log Information together the “Collected Information”).
- Location information: We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing our customer service team at: email@example.com.
- Information we receive from other sources: We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information - We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and Services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and Services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or Services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about Services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please select the relevant option in the App and/or tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data on the Services Sites;
- to notify you about changes to the Services and/or the App;
- to ensure that content from the App and the Services Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device.
- Collected Information - We will use this information:
- to administer the App, the Services Sites and the Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the App, the Services Sites and the Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device and/or computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the App and the Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the App, the Services Sites and the Services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the App, the Services Sites and the Services about other Services that may interest you or them.
- Third Party Information – We will combine this information with the Submitted Information and the Collected Information (the “Combined Information”). We will use the Third Party Information and the Combined Information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We will use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data We have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the App, the Services Sites and the Services.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Mobilise Consulting Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the EULA and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mobilise Consulting Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. [Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Services Sites, the Services or the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Services Sites, the Services or the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Services Sites, the Services and the App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.